This is a really neat young man and he has so much to say that is well thought out and pragmatic and the TRUTH.
However, I started this video at a certain point so that what he says in this clip is driven home. We are constantly hearing the term, "SYSTEMIC RACISM" and this is referring to White people having racist views toward Black people. And not simply "views" but deep rooted, told over and over again, infecting the entire White population in a SYSTEMIC manner. That's the meaning. Now let's see if this is the truth...it must be as that is all we hear lately! And if Social media says it and the Politicians say it...yup, TRUE...right?
What this young man says is 100% correct and I have heard this ideology from EVERY SINGLE Black person that I have asked. There has been someone, close to them in their lives that has said the very words that Mike here says: "...because I had been told my whole life that Republicans were racist, they don't like Black people and they only care about rich people and I was Black and not rich, so..." Obviously you can insert "White" for Republican.
If you want to discuss the meaning of "systemic racism" look no further than this comment. You see Mike grew up in a moderate (politically speaking) family and he was still told that "White people are racist." And this idea is planted into the minds of the majority of Black people in this country! They are taught at a very early age to hate White people, to distrust them and to believe that White people only care about the White rich. These seeds have been sown since the Civil War times, which is understandable considering the Dixi-South Democrats used their Black Slaves to increase their wealth. Nothing was given to the slaves for the labors.
But at some point, the message was diluted to water down and wash away the word, "Democrat" and simply blame all White people for what the Democrats did to the Blacks during those times. And then, at some pivotal point in the future Black children were told, over and over and over again that REPUBLICANS, White Republicans were racist! This is called Revisionist History and if a lie is repeated over and over again people begin to believe it. At some point in our recent history the Democrats changed the truth, stopped teaching the truth to our children and have expunged from the minds of our most vulnerable who the true racists really were. This is mind-numbing! But what's worse is how few Black people know the political history of why they were enslaved and who the majority of slave owners were and then how the Democrats fought to keep them in chains. Boggles the mind!
Seriously, one would be hard-pressed to find a black person after the Civil War who would have claimed that "Republicans" were the Racist ones. But somehow, over the decades the Democrats have been so very successful in changing the Narrative from pointing a racist finger at themselves to pointing it at the Republicans...the White people!
WORDS MEAN THINGS!
Imagine if you were told, over and over again...somthing...like if you don't wear a mask the RONA will kill you. That is exactly what my husband witnessed the other day at the store. A young mother and her two children 2 & 4 were in line a head of him. Both children masked up. The baby was messing with the older childs mask. The mom scolded the the 2 yr old to which the older child said, "yeah STOP messing with my mask! DO YOU WANT ME TO GET THE CORONA AND DIE!" And this little girl was quite serious that if her mask was removed that there was a certain probility of DEATH awaiting her. Now since this mask mandate in our little town has been in effect less than 1 month, we can see just how quickly a narrative can take hold, especially in the mind of a child. Now imagine a lie being told to a child OVER AND OVER again for generations! "I had been told my whole life that Republicans were racist, they don't like Black people and they only care about rich people and I was Black and not rich, so..."
Were White people raised this way?
I can only speak for myself, my family and ALL THE WHITE people I have discussed this issue with over the decades...we were never raised with a Racist Ideology...we were never told as children that Republicans (White people) were racist and that they hated Black people. I grew up in a very Liberal, Democrat family and that political ideology was NEVER espoused to me, or my friends and I never heard any parents speak anything that resembled this ideology. And when my husband and I moved closer to the Right in the early 90's, those on that side never said, "they didn't like Black people." Nope, not once did I get conditioned or hear that brainwashing in or around those on either side of the political aisle and that thought was NEVER imparted to my children or grandchildren. However, I would have to assume that there are some White's in the South that still cling to the pre and post Civil War Democrat racism, after all, if this is the epicenter of the birth of our country's racism...but as Oprah said on National TV, these Southern, born and bred racists "must die" and obviously, at some point, they will...
Growing up on the edge of the flight path of a Military SAC Base, one of the largest and most important in the country, I had friends of many colors and I can't speak for them at that time, all us White kids NEVER had the notion implanted in our brains that "Republicans (White people) were racists" and "didn't like black people." So why did this young man, easily half my age, who grew up in a "moderate" political climate in his home, why did he get told these lies? This is the real, observable form of SYSTEMIC RACISM! And it is NOT being carried forward by White people, but by Blacks...going back generations!
LISTEN TO OPRAH! BUT LISTEN TO THE NARRATIVE THAT IS BEING COUNTINOSLY CUTUVATED FOR CONTINUED GROWTH...
Oprah is an American ICON, however her life was not always filled with champagne wishes and caviar dreams. According to internet sources; "Winfrey was born into poverty in rural Mississippi to a teenage single mother and later raised in inner-city Milwaukee. She has stated that she was molested during her childhood and early teens and became pregnant at 14; her son was born prematurely and died in infancy." She was born in 1954, to a teen single mom in the South and became single mother herself at 14. So, I totally get her anger with what she faced as a young person, but she doesn't use her fame and status to promote poor black children out of poverty, no she doesn't at all...what she does is propagate racism...the same type that she heard, "all her life..." Oprah doesn't really talk about the fact that it wasn't a White person that "raped" her and sexually abused her, but her very own Black relatives and I would have to presume that her teen mother didn't become pregnant from a White man either. Vernon Winfrey, a Black man was 20 when he fathered Oprah with 18 yr old Vernita Lee...actually, I think it is safe to assume that her mom was 17 and dad was 19 at the time of Oprah's conception; both Black, both teens and NOT MARRIED.
In the 1950's and throughout my teenage years to 1980, being a unwed teen mother only had ONE connotation and we all know what that was. This had NOTING to do with racism but with morals and values! But back to the video, which I hope that you have watched by now and listened carefully. I am going to point out a few statements that stood out to me. The first one was when the BBC interviewer ask her a question dealing with historic racism or contemporary racism.
- "It would be foolish to not recognize that we have evolved in that we are still not facing the same kind of terrorism against Black people en mass." Let's be 100% intellectually honest here, what she doesn't explain is who perpetrated these acts of "terrorism." She didn't talk about the racist, Southern Democrats that were so prominent in her childhood, she didn't discuss the roots of the KKK or all the "terrorism" this group perpetrated against the Southern Blacks. She didn't point her finger at the Democrats at all! This would have been important information to qualify her statement that followed shortly there after...
- "It's gotten better...but are there still places where people are terrorized for the color of their skin? Their black skin? Yes, but there are laws that have allowed us to progress beyond the prejudices we have seen in The Butler (movie). Ok, so I want to point a few things out here. This interview was discussing a movie called The Butler in which Winfrey held a starring role. So, the question asked by this reported is a really good one and even Oprah knew that she had been HAD and needed to answer the question honestly, in pertinent modern times. However, the phrase, "around the world" was repeated 5 times! FIVES TIME! At first I thought there was a glitch in the video, but nope, FIVES TIMES---AROUND THE WORLD! That being said (5 times) why was racism brought back to an, ONLY IN THE US issue when IN FACT, "Around the WORLD" modern day slavery is a HUGE issue? Currently over 41 million people are enslaved and this number is more than at any other point in history. Not just Blacks, but they make up a huge proportion of enslaved people currently in Africa, but also, Whites (especially women), and Children sold into slavery. So basically, what Oprah is saying is that the "terrorism" that blacks faced in the US has gotten better, but not a peep about modern day slavery...AROUND THE WORLD!
- "but are there still places where people are terrorized for the color of their skin...their black skin?" I had to go back to this because my paragraph above was getting too long. 😉 Ok, so this interview was in 2013, 7 years ago. When Oprah made that comment she paused at, "color of their skin" and "their black skin." I am wondering now, if this was a prophetic utterance. Seven years ago, Liberal White people were NOT apologizing for being White! The BLM group had just formed over the death of Trayvon Martin...when Obama made his infamous comment...'If I had a son his name would be Travon..." The Political racist machine was just gearing up! And now, in 2020 it is NOT Black skinned people who are being "terrorized" it is White skinned people! Well at least in the US.
- "It allows people to see the root of the problem." NOT ONCE did she slam the Democrats! THAT WAS THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM! And the biggest "problem" is that HISTORY is NOT taught in the public schools! OMG if the TRUTH was taught in the public school system...even the basic truth regarding the civil war, like how the Dixi-Democrats didn’t want to lose their slaves...like how hundreds of THOUSANDS of white men DIED to free the Black slaves...and then how after the war was won by the North how the SOUTH created the KKK to further their cause! THE LYNCHINGS by the DEMOCRATS! None of this is taught to children. But what is taught is a lie--- "...because I had been told my whole life that Republicans were racist, they don't like Black people and they only care about rich people and I was Black and not rich, so..." How did history get rewritten? And how come NO ONE said, THIS IS A LIE?
- "As long as people can be judged by the color of their skin the problem won't be solved." So now we find ourselves in a place where WHITE people (Republicans) are the cause of everything bad that has happen to the Blacks! We see most all major sporting events now kneeling for our national Anthem. We read about Mayors writing to their communities regarding "White privilege” and Major companies taking a stand with the BLM groups against WHITE people. So, Oprah, how is this all panning out? Black people Hating White people. And this is an ideology that goes back for decades but is just surfacing now. "...because I had been told my whole life that Republicans were racist, they don't like Black people and they only care about rich people and I was Black and not rich, so..."
- "There are still generations of people. older people, born and bred, marinating in it, and that prejudice and racism and they just have to die." All I can say to that is; "...because I had been told my whole life that Republicans were racist, they don't like Black people and they only care about rich people and I was Black and not rich, so..." Perhaps. they all have to die?
- When asked about Obama: Reporter: "Has it ever crossed your mind that some of the treatment of Obama and the challenges he has faced, some of the reporting he has received is because he is an African American and if he wasn't an African American... Oprah: "has it crossed my mind...Just the level of disrespect. When the Senator yelled out, you're a liar, remember that? I think there is a level of disrespect for the office that occurs." Really Oprah! Where is your distain now? Is it just when a half Back President gets called a liar that you get up in arms? " "...because I had been told my whole life that Republicans were racist, they don't like Black people and they only care about rich people and I was Black and not rich, so..."
Ok, so evidently ALL of Oprah's statements stood out to me in this interview! But looking back it is a very good way to judge what the future will be like and Oprah was right on track claiming that people would be judged on the color of their skin, except it it is the Blacks, judging the Whites on their skin color... "...because I had been told my whole life that Republicans were racist, they don't like Black people and they only care about rich people and I was Black and not rich, so..."
So I spent a lot of time on a 7 year old, Oprah Winfrey Movie interview for a reason for a good reason. To show that this entire "racism" narrative is not exactly what is seems. What I know is that without a narrative, racism in the US is dead. Without a stimulus package, say a George Floyd, a Trayvon Martin or a Micheal Brown, racism was on the way out in the US. And Oprah was really caught off guard when that BBC interviewer asked if this was current or historical"racism" that her movie portrayed.
Ok, so here is my take in all of this...there are indeed some White people who hate Black People...and I do agree with Oprah that these people, the OLD Southern Democrats must die, and in due time they will. However, I listen to young people like Mike Nificent, who has turned away from the Democrat party's ideologies , the young man who said, "...because I had been told my whole life that Republicans were racist, they don't like Black people and they only care about rich people and I was Black and not rich, so..." And I have to wonder how long will it take for this generation to DIE? Because if you want to describe what systemic racism is, THIS IS IT! A thought planted at an early age and repeated often...all you have to do is replace the word "Republican" with "White, Rich, Privilege.” If you are told, over and over again that someone doesn't like you, that all they care about is money, you will grow up to hate that person or group of people, and in this case, it is White people!
THE BIG QUESTION!
It has been less than 160 years since the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation, roughly 5 generations. That first generation knew darn well who was responsible for their freedom from tyranny...from the Southern Democrats who got rich off the backs of their black slaves. The second generation knew darn well who formed the KKK , strung them up to trees, terrorized them and did what ever it took to punish them into submission; and not just the Black people, but also the WHITE Republicans who fought to support Blacks continued freedom and success. Somewhere in the 3-4 generation something happened. I have heard the ridiculous theory that the Parties changed ideologies and all of a sudden it was the Republicans who hated the Black people. Ironically, that lie has never come from the mouth of a Republican, but an idea spread by Democrats to hide the truth...
It is kinda like when my kids were little, my twin toddler boys were always getting in trouble. But there was one twin who caused the most mayhem and he would immediately point his chubby, little finger at his brother. His stories were so convincing that he was just an innocent bystander as he stood knee deep and covered head to toe in flour, while his brother stood there, a White child but not near as White as his twin. But this child tried desperately to put the blame on his brother, which was ridiculous considering the proof was right before my eyes...I was standing right there looking at the denying culprit!
But now, these boys are adults and it is ironic that over all of these years, the mischievous twin actually convinced his brother that it was him who instigated the crime-sprees around the house. And to this day, even though we witnessed the truth and knew it well, the "good" twin believes that he was the one at fault that it was HIS idea to pull down all that wallpaper and his twin simply helped him...It was the other way around. We joke now as a family at all the naughty little things these twins did as toddlers and they were, at the time, too young to keep these events in their memory. But what was retained was the constant little lie, that chubby little finger pointing at the innocent party and when we reminisce, we must remind each twin what part they actually played.
A SEED PLANTED IS ALL IT TAKES!
Someone or a group of someones decided to plant the seed of ignorance and change the realities of the damage the Democrats had done to the Black Community...some time in the 60's is when this happened. If you think about it, what we experienced in the 60's is very similar to what we see happening in our country now. While it was the decade of the free loving hippies it was also a time of great racial divide. If I were to make a bet, I would say this revisionist history put pen to paper after the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was signed. This was a big deal: this ACT outlawed discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender or national origin. It prohibited unequal application of voter registration requirements, and racial segregation in schools, employment, and public places. Oddly, the Democrats argued AGAINST this act for 54 days but it finally passed on June, 19th, 1964! The Democrats still didn't want Blacks to have equal rights in 1964! But then something happened! Yep, this was the great plan...the seeding of the mind. In January 8, 1964, President Lyndon B. Johnson told the country that he was going to declare a, War on Poverty! And THIS my friends is where the brainwashing of the truth began. Johnson was no friend to the Blacks, as a matter of fact he ranked right up there as our most blatantly RACIST Presidents!
Some Quotes from LBJ:
- LBJ called the Civil Rights Act of 1957 as the “nigger bill” in more than one private phone conversation with Senate colleagues. He made the disparaging comment after appointing African-American judge Thurgood Marshall to the Supreme Court, “Son, when I appoint a nigger to the court, I want everyone to know he’s a nigger.”
- "These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don’t move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there’ll be no way of stopping them, we’ll lose the filibuster and there’ll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again."
- And my favorite that I will quote directly from the most liberal fact checker in the world (SNOPES!): "Johnson, like other presidents, would often reveal his true motivations in asides that the press never picked up. During one trip, Johnson was discussing his proposed civil rights bill with two governors. Explaining why it was so important to him, he said it was simple: “I’ll have them niggers voting Democratic for two hundred years.”
“That was the reason he was pushing the bill,” said MacMillan, who was present during the conversation. “Not because he wanted equality for everyone. It was strictly a political ploy for the Democratic party. He was phony from the word go.”
SO THIS WAS IT! THE BRILLIANT PLAN AND IT WORKED AS THE BLACKS HAVE VOTED DEMOCRAT EVER SINCE!
But oddly enough, I don't see rioters pulling down statues of Lyndon Johnson or defacing The LBJ Library, The LBJ Grove Memorial or anything at ALL that has to do with our MOST RACIST PRESIDENT this country has every had! Does anyone else find that strange? And this folks is how Revisionist History is written so the TRUTH is FORGOTTEN!